Friday, February 20, 2009

Brooklyn Bridge Proposal


This was found on A Cup of Jo and SMITTEN!

Valentine's Day weekend, an adorable guy proposed to his girlfriend on the Brooklyn Bridge. Hear his and her stories of the proposal--and see their cute photos.

As the couple walked across the Brooklyn Bridge this past weekend, strangers handed her pink balloons and love notes. (He had asked his friends to stand on the other side of the bridge with a bunch of balloons and give the balloons to strangers, who would, in turn, hand them to her. The first balloon was given to her by his friend, who she wouldn't recognize. How clever!)

Her story:
* When we started taking a walk, he was acting jittery and was really chatty. He also missed our transfer on the subway which never happens. He's normally very calm and collected. I was a little suspicious.
* We started walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Strangers were handing me pink balloons, and too many things were going through my mind--just random thoughts like he is so cute, who are these people, wow I'm really lucky, doesn't this only happen in the movies? Is this real? He loves me, doesn't he?
* When he proposed, I felt really excited, happy and a little dazed!

His story:
* I was nervous and excited. As we walked, strangers gave her pink balloons and love notes. The notes were handwritten messages to her which reminded her of why I loved her and why I wanted to marry her.
* Now, I'm so happy and excited about the future.

by Joanna Goddard

I think that this story is so incredible and romantic! This is something I would love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So incredibly adorable. See it doesn't just happen in the movies :)