Friday, February 27, 2009

Last night's phone call

Last night, I got a phone call from Michael around 8:30pm. I completely regret not talking to him at that moment but I was preoccupied. When I called him back around 11pm, I knew something was wrong. He was upset, almost angry. Michael is usually a very calm and patient guy. I love that about him. He told me he had had a really bad day. One of his students had been hurt during an assembly at school because some of the other teachers were not doing their job. The hall was over crowded because other classes had decided to come in even though they were not on the schedule. Some teachers had let their students sit on the stairs and weren't paying attention. The students got out of hand and some how Michael's student, a bystander, got pushed or fell down the stairs. She may have broken her foot. Michael was livid. He is going to speak to the Assistant Principal about the matter today.

Things like this make me realize what a good man he is. Most people I know would have brushed the whole thing off and just given the students a talking to. Not everyone would try to reorganize how an assembly is run to prevent this from happening again. Michael really values what he does and the students he teaches. How many of us can say that we love what we do and really try to be the best at it? That we put others first instead of ourselves? This is one of the reasons why I love this man.

5 comments:

Clare said...

You have a keeper there.

kubbybear said...

Thank you. I think so. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! that sucks! I would as I know you would expect nothing less then that reaction from him. I know you would do the same too. That is why you belong together. Well I have to get the full scoop as I will see him later today. LUK

Unknown said...

It drives me crazy when teachers get lazy and kids get hurt. It's awesome that Michael is on top of things and trying to fix it. You definitely have the best.

I've awarded you with a lemonade award for your blog! Come to my blournal to get the details for what to do! -e

Charlotte said...

I have worked with kids for years and carelessness like that makes me angry too. Good for your Michael.